Next week from Monday until Sunday (June 22-28) we celebrate National Boarding Week, sponsored by Squadkit.
Now in its fifth year, we encourage all members (including boarders at home) to take part in this celebration. This year’s celebrations will focus on the importance of health and wellbeing. From home, we encourage everyone to get involved in fun and innovative activities that support mental health and wellbeing. Don’t forget to post all activities using the #nationalboardingweek #squadkit #iloveboarding. Ideas include:
- 2k run challenge – run for a charity of your choice
- Kindness challenge – send us your videos and images of charity work
- Fitness challenge – inter-house Press up and Keepie uppie competitions
- Inter-house zoom bake-off – can you rise to the challenge?
- The boarding zoom choir – sing together during lockdown and share your videos with BSA
- Audiobook challenge – record your favourite story, poem or book to share with fellow boarders.
Fellow boarding schools in Australia recently celebrated their #NationalBoardingWeek. Marist College Ashgrove produced a highly imaginative TikTok Video to celebrate boarding. Please click here to view the video.