Date: 28 February 2022
Time: 12.30 – 13.30
Cost: BAISIS member £40 / BSA member £60 / Member additional attendee £15 / Non-member £120
Audience: Teachers, pastoral leaders, senior leaders
- Defining culture
- Is there a culture map?
- Evaluating your school culture
- International or interlocal?
- Building cultures of thinking
- Telling our stories
Training topics will include:
Organisational cultures, international student identities and building cultures of thinking
At the end of the webinar you will:
- Understand how culture has been defined and how it is being redefined
- Have some tools to evaluate your school culture
- Be aware of critical perspectives on culture and identity
- Know how to develop a school-wide culture where international students can build positive identities
Trainer: Andreas Nicolaou, Head of English Language Acquisition, International School of London
Andreas has been involved in ELT teaching, publishing, examining, research and management for over 15 years. As Head of ELL and Academic Literacy at the International School of London he has a special interest in the interaction between linguistic and cognitive development and is working on collaboratively creating a unique programme of study based on the principles of Content and Language Integrated Learning (CLIL).