Date: 07 Jul 2020 10:30 – 11:30
Cost: BAISIS Members FREE
BSA members webinar fee (one place) £40.00 GBP
Additional Attendee/s £10.00 GBP
Non-member webinar fee £100.00 GBP
Audience: Head of EAL, Heads of Departments, Head of Boarding, Tutors, Director of Studies
Supporting the return of international boarders to the UK
Focusing on a key area for many boarding schools, especially given the impact of the current climate, this webinar has been prepared to cover both the academic and pastoral reintegration and induction of international boarders.
The webinar will cover:
Part 1: Academic facilitation of teaching international students online (Elyse Conlon and Mark Jeynes)
- Internationally inclusive approaches and potential barriers to learning online for international students and those who teach them
- Assessment from a distance (including IELTS for those applying to university)
- Blended and hybrid approaches
- Academic management: Safeguarding, GDPR, Quality assurance and contingency planning.
Part 2: Pastoral facilitation of international boarders returning to the UK (Caroline Nixon and Julian Baker)
- Emotional and physical well-being guidance for returning students and parents: Face masks, bubbles, on-site health care provision, practicalities of boarding school life after lockdown, quarantining
- Communication policies
- The holistic care of students.